Sunday, March 02, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

Last Tuesday at the Pain Clinic was interesting. I had a different team of "practitioners" who had needles in some different places than the previous team. I'm not sure which set of needles did it (they had some in my ears, and in my calves, in addition to the ones in my ankles and hands that I get every week), but something unleashed some kind of chi because I wasn't able to sleep very well that night and ever since I've been kind of "energized" to say the least. I'm feeling kinda snappy and getting lots of stuff done, but not sleeping too well. I also had the most pain relief that lasted the longest since I've been getting acupuncture. Go figure.

I'm now noticing that when I move in certain ways that engage the newfound flexibility of my lumbar region, there is a distinct popping, crackling or crunching sensation. I wonder what this is? Is it the actual ProDisc or is it just that the new range of motion I have down there is causing the muscles to crunch around?

I'm kind of liking it, I have to say, the snap, crackle and pop of my newly flexible L5-S1 and my mad flowing chi.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home