Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm on my way home


Yay!


The breakfast was pretty darn good. Fake eggs that were doled out with an ice cream scooper, a thin, greasy sausage patty and a tiny, very oily muffin. I didn't touch the corn flakes (too much sugar). The first few bites went down, but felt like they didn't go all the way down; I had to take frequent breaks to let the food settle. Had some slight cramps just after I finished up, but luckily everything stayed down, which was what they were waiting to see, so I get to go home! Tyler is on his way to pick me up now.

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight, the hospital beds provide all the support of one of those big balls they have at the gym. They're wobbly, squishy, and you practically need a rope to help you climb out once you're in it.

I'm also anxious to get to my own food. Remember the Triscuits I wrote about the other day?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger M D said...

i don't know what you'll do with yourself once you've managed to work all that pain away! thinking of you and your struggle here...hope you're able to enjoy some comfort food with Tony and Tyler! best to you over the holidays Ingrid.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Cora said...

That's wonderful news, after all!!! There's no better place to heal than home, being in familiar surroundings and with those you love. You'll be so much better by New Year's! :-)))

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home