Monday, October 16, 2006

Friday morning I get a call from Krista (yes, now I'm naming names!) in Dr. B's office. He had to cancel the appointment for Friday. When she said it I tried not to react, even though my heart fell to my feet again, as it does whenever they call. Tyler says I would be great in a political campaign spinning mundane things about the opposing candidate into the biggest negative news stories because I always immediately think the worst, like they are cancelling the surgery, for what reason I can't imagine, but that's what I think. Anyway, I didn't say anything and neither did she for a few long seconds till she finally asked if I wanted to reschedule. Um, YES? She says the earliest appointment I can get is for the following Friday, the 27th. Of course I agree to it, but I am thinking that October 27th for a follow up appointment does not bode well for an early November surgery date.

Since Maureen (yes, more names! I don't care anymore!) was supposed to call me back at least two weeks ago and never did, I call Tyler and ask him to call and find out what the heck is going on. Also by now the disappointment has set in and I'm crying my head off, not the best frame of mind to try to talk to a doctor's office. Tyler calls and leaves a message and no one calls him back, so he calls again and gets Maureen on the phone. She doesn't remember why she didn't call me back but says that they haven't heard anything at all from Aetna so there would really be nothing to talk about at an appointment anyway. Well, isn't that lovely and casual? It's only a week, right?

No big deal.

Except I was living for that appointment, I was looking forward to it as though it was some kind of a milestone, I thought we'd be in the home stretch after that. A week is an eternity to me, as I'm not getting around too much at all anymore, the days are dragging like you would not believe.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home